View by topic


All images on this blog are copyright of Colette Dewan, COLETTE Photography. Please do not download, copy, use, or print.
Toutes les photos sur ce blog appartiennent à Colette Dewan, COLETTE Photography. Ne pas télécharger, copier, imprimer, ou utiliser sans permission.

Monday, February 8, 2010

We arrived on a rainy day in Switzerland

We arrived in Switzerland on Thursday. Didn't get much sleep on the plane (I blame Hollywood) so we took a long nap and really didn't do much that day.
On Friday, we attended a funeral... I debated talking about this...but I think as much as death is a devastating thing, life and any amounts thereof need to be celebrated. It's really not fair though, when it's a 6 month old baby. I had the pleasure to photograph this little girl with her twin sister as they were just a couple of weeks old in the early summer.  It was a shock to hear that Malia passed away in her sleep last Sunday. It made me feel sick...The parents are very good friends of mine... What can I do? What can I say? Nothing to ease their pain, nothing to make them feel better. Be there for them. Pray for them, and for the little girl that is still here...apparently she has not been eating, and has had fever the last few days...makes you wonder whether she feels the absence too...she must. When I think of how long they had waited to be parents to, it breaks my heart.  It reminds us though how fragile life is, and what a blessing it is to be able to share another day with your loved ones. Treasure every single moment. Don't put your dreams on hold. Live life to the fullest.



"...Je serai, bien que loin de toi
Tout contre toi..." - Laurent Voulzy

No comments:

Post a Comment