View by topic


All images on this blog are copyright of Colette Dewan, COLETTE Photography. Please do not download, copy, use, or print.
Toutes les photos sur ce blog appartiennent à Colette Dewan, COLETTE Photography. Ne pas télécharger, copier, imprimer, ou utiliser sans permission.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year! Bonne Année !

Well, we're in 2011 (as if you hadn't noticed).
I admit I find it funny to hear people's new year resolutions... I had written a long paragraph about how I don't believe in their value at all, because honestly, who ever keeps track of their resolutions past January and their actual attainment?! But I thought my words would seem a little too hard to those who still believed :) So instead I'm going to share ...not resolutions per se, but things I have had time to reflect on during our holidays; and that I will actually do (or at least I plan to hahaha).

So here goes:
1. Be present for, and with, those I Love. That's the most important - hands down.

2. I love music and dance too much, to not be dancing any more. Will I pass for a complete nutter if I admit spending most of my work out time yesterday, practicing bridal poses in front of a huge mirrored wall at the gym yesterday?! hahaha...Actually they weren't poses per se... I had my Ipod on and I was dancing. Letting the music move me...Ah, dancing in front of the mirror...such a joy; it takes me right back to this photo of me at age 5; one my mother took. She entitled it "dancing with friends", and it's a picture of me holding the doors of my parent's mirrored closet doors, smiling because I had found 2 identical friends I could dance with :)  --> I'm signing up for dance classes next week.

3. New found interest in classical music --> bought 4 albums today (goodness have I become a compulsive shopper?!?)

4. Will share this love of beautiful things with others --> for example, listen to this: Adagio by Samuel Barber - you all know it I am sure - it gets me every time, speaks to the heart and the soul... It was played at Einstein, Roosevelt, and Princess Grace's funerals, as well at a September 11th Memorial, but it's not a sad song...I find there's immense tranquility and hope in it... What's most amazing is how someone can compose this... Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQsgE0L450&feature=related

Then listen to Beethoven's piano sonata no 14. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796jkaAHmx4

And finally, Bedrich Smetana's Vltava: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz73NNK_sdE


On another note, Pete and Barbara's wedding is less than 2 weeks away! Can't wait! It's going to be a great party and I'm sure we'll have great fun re-enacting some of those poses and dancing I've been practicing :)

Be blessed everyone,
Co

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour,
    J'ai eu l'oeil attiré par une de vos cartes de visite (le bébé dans la bibliothèque) dans un magasin de déco à Epalinges, et j'ai ensuite eu beaucoup de plaisir à lire votre blog!
    A un moment donné, j'ai souvent lu le blog "oncewed", et j'aimais beaucoup le style des photographes "à l'américaine" (?). Il me semble avoir retrouvé ce style dans certaines de vos photos.
    Pas de mariage en vue pour le moment :) mais je garde votre "adresse" sous le coude afin de la ressortir dès que l'occasion se présente!

    ReplyDelete